1. High fat diet
Saturated fat is good- it promotes efficient fat burning, metabolism, weight control, satiety and promotes stable energy levels
Butter from grass fed cow’s, animal products from good sources including bacon (yum), marbled beef, and coconut products
2.Lots of vegetables and a wide spectrum with a little less fruit, eat seasonally
3.Fresh live good quality produce. Organic where possible
4.Eat only when hungry, intermittent fasting, controlling insulin and glucose levels are the key to long-term weight management and fat loss.
5.Exercise- quality not quantity
6.Grains make you fat and promote inflammation
7. Eggs are a super food – but they must be free range, eggs get a bad rap from factory farming
8. People begin to care more about food origins and sources, supporting locally grown products. Growing cottage industry of local products, farmers markets, organic produce.
9.We get enough fibre from eating lots of vegetables and MCT and saturated fats also alleviate constipation.
10. Eat for improved health and gain more energy, live long and strong and then go out like a light!
The old principles that did not work
1. Low fat- fat free
Saturated fats give you a heart attack. Out with Margarine and vegetable oils
2.5 servings of fruit and vegetables a day- people living on potato’s and bananas
3.Packet foods, convenience dinners, GM crops
4.Eat three big meals a day or six small meals a day. Snack. (Always thinking about food, cravings, lower energy levels and slower metabolism)
5.More exercise is better
6.Base of the Government recommended food pyramid- grains, breads and potatoes
7. Minimize eggs due to bad cholesterol
8. Factory farming, pre packaged foods and vegetables. Cheap meats.
9. Extra fiber added in products, emphasis on wholegrain – which we now know block absorption of nutrients.
10. Aging population overweight, de-habilitating diseases, life expectancy extended through medication. Living- but in ill health.